Pages

Thursday, March 8, 2012

Why I heart internet dating

I actually hate Internet dating. I have done it off and on since the big split. I have tried free sites, I have tried paid sites, I have tried religion specific sites and non religion specific sites. I just don"t like it. Any guy I have ever met from the Internet has been creepy. And the whole thing just feels weird to me. I'm not saying no one should date online, because I know people that have been very happy with people they met online. I'm just saying for me, it aint happenin.

That being said a couple months ago I belonged to a free dating site. I started to talk to one of the guys I "met". He was nice enough and we chatted online, texted and if I remember right we talked on the phone a couple times. He wasn't as crazy as some of the people I have met, but he had a few little fun traits.

He liked to draw........Killer whales

He loved trains

And he had a foot fetish

He routinely asked for pictures of my feet. Because he wanted to see them everyday

Because of other reasons we decided it would never work and decided not to date. My family likes to kid that I should have seen the Killer whale addiction as an omen. You know how inside jokes go sometimes, they start out small but the more you talk about it the more you laugh? yeah this was one of them. Killer whales are hilarious to my family these days

Skip to this last weekend

My sister has gone on a couple dates with AJ, a guy she met online. She has fun with him but when they were apart he wanted to know where she was all the time and wanted to be way too attached all the time. She was hemming and hawing over if she should see him again. I had her show me a picture and though, hmm he looks familiar. I told her I thought I had talked to him at one point.

Her face drained of all color. The night before he had told her something that kind of made her think I had talked to him. He loves killer whales

yup after comparing notes, he's the same guy.

How did one guy find two sisters on the Internet? I don't think it was intentional at all, but still.

This folks just about killed me, I haven't laughed that hard in a long long time.

And that is the one and only reason I love Internet dating

No comments:

Post a Comment